The Miami Beach Convention Center Hotel has been submitted for design review, and is set to become one of the biggest projects in the city’s recent history .
According to the Arquitectonica-designed plans, the proposal would include:
- A 17-story, 190-foot tower
- Skybridge connection to convention center
- 657,896 square feet of interior space (excluding parking, pool etc.)
- 800 hotel rooms on levels 6-16
- Retail, restaurant, meeting/ballroom and amenities on lower levels
- 320 space valet-only parking garage
A fin system similar to the one used on by Arquitectonica on the convention center will clad the parking garage, while the upper levels will feature gray stucco and glass.
The Design Review Board is scheduled to hear the proposal on March 5.
Terra Group’s Pedro Martin and David Martin each own 25% of the developing entity, while Jackie Soffer and close relatives and employees at developer Turnberry own the other half.
Source: The Next Miami